Take Control Initiative
The Take Control Initiative is a program aimed at reducing the high rate of unplanned and teen pregnancies in the Tulsa area. This program empowers women and families with the choice of when to have children, through highly effective, low maintenance contraception, including IUDs and the Implant. The use of highly effective contraception helps women and families to have more control over their lives, pursue their educational goals, and improve their socio-economic status. The initiative provides Tulsa with education, outreach, and free services for the methods: Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla, Liletta, ParaGard, and Nexplanon. Participating clinics provide qualifying women with free clinical services for these methods.
The Take Control Initiative also offers educational workshops to health care providers, social service workers, as well as people interested in participating in the program.
Contraception Education and Curriculum Coordinator
The TCI Contraception Education and Curriculum Specialist facilitates quality curriculum support to partner organizations and community groups. The Specialist will acquire knowledge related to reproductive health to inform Tulsans about their contraceptive choices. This position assists in the development of strategies to drive positive change in the lives of women and families in Tulsa.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver contraception education content to fidelity in professional and community based settings
- Collect and interpret data to inform curriculum development and refinement
- Cultivate and articulate messaging that is medically accurate, culturally inclusive and compelling
- Build relationships and maintain partnerships with a diverse network of organizations and entities
- Disseminate information and education at health fairs and other community events
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required
- Occasional flexible schedule required including night and weekend work
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with adult learning design and/or teaching/coaching adult learners preferred
- Knowledge of content and pedagogy related to sexual and reproductive health education preferred
Required/ Preferred Skills:
- Fluency in Spanish (required)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite (Office and Google Drive)
- Ability to build relationships and create alignment with individuals from a wide range of perspectives
- Ability to project plan, track tasks, assess progress, and follow through on the execution of plans
We want to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about empowering women and teens
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and forging new connections
- You are curious, innovative and willing to learn and adapt
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally
- You are a self starter, capable of working on a team and independently
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1, 2018
Take Control Initiative is a partner organization fiscally sponsored by the Tulsa Community Foundation (TCF). Take Control Initiative & Tulsa Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Tulsa Community Foundation’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Tulsa Community Foundation offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-494-8823, and TCF will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.